Information we collect about you
We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide such personally identifiable information through our websites, the information may be sent to servers in the United States and other countries around the world. The more you tell us about yourself, the more value we can offer you, but supplying such information is entirely voluntary.
- Information you provide We may collect and store personal information you voluntarily enter on our Site. This includes personally identifiable information, including your name, e-mail address, address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests, gender and age, and other demographic information.
- Automatically collected. We may collect non-personal information from your web browser when you visit our websites. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us and the referring website address. Your IP address does not identify you personally, and it enables us to know where to send web pages and other data to you and to measure traffic on our Site.
- Cookies. When you visit our Site, we or a third-party service provider may assign one or more cookies to your computer to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through these cookies (which are a standard found in most browser software), we or the third-party service provider also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Site, including the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Site. The cookie does not actually identify the user; unless you voluntarily identify yourself, we won’t know who you are. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our websites.
- Other Technologies. We or our third-party service provider may use standard Internet technology, including web beacons and other technologies, to track your use of our Site. We also may use web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. This information enables us to count users, customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, other Premier Exhibitions, Inc. companies, affiliates, and sponsors, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or provide applications and services on our Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, including cookies and web beacons to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements or use their applications and services. Our Site does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third parties.
How we use the information we collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases or sales made on our Site, enroll you in programs in which you elect to participate and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, Premier Exhibitions, Inc. subsidiaries and affiliates or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
With whom we share your information
Personal information. We do not share your personally identifiable information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services for our Sites or on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business data and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our websites. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but we endeavor to ensure that they will not share or use such personally identifiable information for any other purposes. Because such third party service providers who help us administer our Site may have access to your personally identifiable information, if you do not wish to grant such access, please do not register or submit any personally identifiable information to us (you may use our Site anonymously).
- Business partners: When you make purchases or engage in promotions offered through our websites or our services, we collect your credit card information, address and other data related to the purchase or program and we may use the information in order to process your transaction. We may also share your personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes, including without limitation, in order to facilitate and complete the transaction. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In the unlikely event of a sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our assets relating to our business or Sites to a third party, your personally identifiable information may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase tickets, products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on the Site.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition, if you transact business with us, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive financial information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your financial information. We want you to feel confident using our websites to transact business. However, as effective as our safeguards are, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information, or other communications will always remain secure or won’t be interrupted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews and chat rooms
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly use personally identifiable information voluntarily furnished by a child without verifiable parental/guardian consent (e.g., requiring parents/guardians to fax a signed consent form, or sending emails that can only be opened with a PIN number furnished after such parental or guardian consent is given). If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13 other than in a legally permissible situation, we will delete the information from our records as soon as practicable after discovery. As a parent or guardian, you may have your and your child’s personally identifiable information deleted at any time by contacting us at
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
California law permits our customers who are residents of that State to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request such information, please send an email to
or write to us at Premier Exhibitions, Inc., 3340 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 900, Atlanta, GA 30326 Att: Privacy.
How to contact us
. Last Updated: July 21, 2008